Tuesday, June 26, 2007

"Sweet" Surprises

Yesterday was June 25th. I was sitting at the computer and suddenly my friend Madolyn was standing next to me with 1/2 of a cake and wishing me a "Happy Half-Birthday!" What a huge surprise, and what a sweetheart for giving me such a treat! She had even called Jim to ask what kind of cake I liked, so I got a chocolate with chocolate mint icing. Yum!

It all came about because a few days earlier I was working at her house hanging wallpaper, and it was their daughter's "Half-Birthday." We talked about it and I found out they celebrate hers becuase she was born very close to Christmas. I mentioned that I really should celebrate my half-birthday becuase I was born on Christmas Day, and my anniversary is only 5 days before. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that Madolyn would surprise me with my own 1/2- birthday cake just a few days later. I didn't even realize it WAS my 1/2 birthday. Thank you Lord for dear, sweet friends who bring you sweet surprises when you least expect it. What a day-brightener! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Margaret, I've never heard of the 1/2 birthday cake, but what a neat idea. My bro has a birthday on Dec. 20...the day after my parents' anniversary. I know he'd like the idea, especially if it was chocolate cake! He's more of a choco-holic than I am!